· Good communication skills
· Experience in institutional or industrial custodial work is required. At least one year of experience in a lead custodial position is required (Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered qualifying)
· Schedules the work of a Housekeeping crew and ensures that assigned duties are completed on schedule and meet quality standards for the hospital.
· Schedules work hours for Housekeeping staff.
· On-call for evening and weekend emergencies.
· Coordinates and participates in the hiring process for new Housekeepers; makes employment recommendations to the department manager.
· Maintains inventory and attendance records.
· Monitors expenditures for supplies, equipment and personnel for compliance with budgetary limits.
· Purchases and issues supplies; purchases equipment with department manager approval; recommends vendors.
· Identifies training needs for Housekeeping staff.
· Trains Housekeeping staff and ensures that performance standards are met.
· Provides feedback to Housekeeping staff on improvement needed.
· Coordinates evaluation process for assigned staff; provides substantial input to the department manager about the performance of assigned staff.
· Performs all the tasks of a Custodian, as needed.