In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Circles of Care established a multidisciplinary COVID-19 Taskforce including Risk Management and Infection Control specialists. Our team is continuously monitoring the latest developments with COVID-19 by following official COVID-19 updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) as well as federal and state government leadership. To ensure we are taking the necessary precautions, our COVID-19 Taskforce has developed a multilevel Pandemic Response Plan.
The following is a summary of the preventative measures in place at this time for our inpatient and residential units that affect our patients, visitors, workforce and community:
1) Prior to admission to any inpatient or residential facility, clients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. No patients with symptoms are admitted; our Intake Services department will instead coordinate with local emergency departments for appropriate patient care.
2) Visitation is suspended at all of our inpatient locations.
3) To protect our vulnerable geriatric population, all admissions from acute care hospitals to our inpatient hospital require administrative review and approval.
4) Where designated by guidelines from the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), staff wear approved masks and approved gloves when providing direct patient care.
5) We will update this post as events warrant.